Dr. Chantal Chiasson, Dermatologist
MD, FRCPC, CSPQ, FAAD
Founder and President, Figurra Institute
President, Canadian Laser Aesthetic Surgery Society (CLASS):
Dr. Chantal Chiasson is a skin specialist – a dermatologist – whose ultimate goal is helping her clients achieve healthy and beautiful skin.
She is in the vanguard of the fast-growing aesthetics industry, joining her extensive medical training to the most up-to-date science and technological tools in order to offer clients a new look for themselves.
Figurra Institute, formerly known as Dermalaser, the dermato-aesthetic medical clinic she founded and operates in Shediac, N.B., near Moncton, provides the very best in aesthetic, laser medical and surgical care.
Dr. Chiasson and her skilled medical staff work to the highest standards with complete professionalism and discretion. As part of its mission to its clients, Figurra promotes good skin health and rejuvenation through education.
The quality and excellence of Dr. Chiasson's work and care is recognized by a growing list of clientele drawn by word-of-mouth from all over Atlantic Canada. Her passion for aesthetics, her fine eye and her artistic talent are reflected in her techniques, which not only enhance the overall look of her clients but also their sense of well-being.
A graduate of l'Université de Sherbrooke's medical school in 1991, Dr. Chiasson furthered her studies in dermatology at l'Université de Montréal's school of medicine, graduating in 1995. She founded the Dermatology Department at the Southeast Health Care Corporation in Moncton in 1999 and is also a dermatology consultant at l'hôpital Dr. Georges L. Dumont.
Dr. Chiasson pioneered the use of Laser medicine and surgery, BOTOX®, Restylane, Juvederm and other fillers in Atlantic Canada for the prevention and treatment of wrinkles, lip enhancement and the redefinition of the contours of the face and many more aspects of our bodies.
She regularly attends seminars and training sessions in Canada, the United States and Europe to be aware of new techniques and technologies in her field.
Due to the reputation Dr. Chiasson has built in her area of expertise, she is often sought after by mass market and specialized written and visual press for her insight on the latest trends in the field of dermatology and is often quoted in medical periodicals and industry media.
She is a member of the Canadian, New Brunswick and Québec College of Physicians and Surgeons. She is certified by the American Board of Dermatology, and amongst other associations, is a member of the American Laser Aesthetic Surgery Society and past president of the Canadian Laser Aesthetic Surgery Society.
- Degree in Medicine from the University of Sherbrooke
- Degree in Dermatology from the University of Montreal (medical specialization)
- Laser Surgery since 1991
- Dermatology Practitioner since 1995
- Aesthetic Injectable Dermatology since 1998
- Member (full license with specialty in Dermatology) College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick (CPSNB)
- Member of the New Brunswick Medical Society (NBMS)
- Member of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA)
- Member of the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA)
- Past president of the Canadian Laser Aesthetic Surgery Society (CLASS)
- Fellow of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery Inc. (ASLMS)
- Member of the Acne and Rosacea Society of Canada
- Certified and associate member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCPC)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD)
- Diplomat of the American Board of Dermatology (ABD)
- Member of the Collège des médecins du Québec (CMQ)
- Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada